Here are a couple design tips for creating fun layout designs.
How to put pictures into text and text into pictures.
- Choose image by dragging the picture to the page.
- With the image selected, click T in the tool box. A text box will appear in the image box.
- Choose a thick font and type the text you want to appear.
- Once the word is typed over the image, choose T from the tool box and click effects.
- Click convert to Matte.
- To invert the picture so that the word is in the image as shown below, click on Image Border and check the invert box in the Matte tab.
- To undo, uncheck the invert box.
Creating Color Blocks & Shapes
- From the menu bar, select Create Empty Frame
To change the shape
- Select Image Border (bottom left)
To Add a Color Border
- Select Image Frame
- In Border Tab, check Border and pick color
- Adjust thickness of border by clicking on width and adjusting
To fill the shape with color
- Select Image and then the Fill tab
- Select color and adjust opacity to the right
Add photos to your design as desired.
Mirror Images on a Layout
- Place image on page.
- Right click on image and choose mirror, flip top/bottom
- Line the image up with the other image how you want.
- With the mirrored image selected, click T in the tool box.
- A text box will appear in the image box.Choose a thick font and type what word you want in the box.
- Once the word is typed over the image, choose T from the tool box and click effects.Click convert to Matte.
- Now the picture is in the word.You can change the opacity of the picture by clicking image, general, and then you can adjust the opacity, brightness, contrast, color, etc.
- To invert the picture so that the word is in the image as shown, click on the border tool, check the invert box.
- Add three more image boxes at the bottom and rotate them accordingly.
Here are some more fun template designs using Frames and Clip Art in Yearbook Fusion
It’s best to just start playing with your available options. They are endless! Here are a few behind the scenes tips:
- You can choose any frame and then choose to fill it with a color. You can find frames by selecting the frames tab or by selecting the Matte tab in Image Border. Here there is a drop down of frame choices and you can select browse for more options. Make sure to mark Enable for your selection to be recognized.
- You can choose the color and then choose the opacity of the color.
- You can remove a border on an image frame by making the opacity of the border zero.
Inter-State Studio & Publishing Co.